MARCH 26, 2020
Governor Herbert has issued a mandate restricting unnecessary medical and dental treatment until April 25 in light of the coronavirus outbreak. The American Dental Association has issued guidelines for identifying essential treatment during this time, and we will be opening for limited hours with necessary staff only to complete treatment that falls within these guidelines.
ESSENTIAL TREATMENT INCLUDES:
- Trauma: broken teeth, teeth knocked out of position
- Moderate and deep decay, especially if symptomatic
- Cementing permanent crowns
- Periodontal treatment (perio maintenance cleanings and deep cleanings) for any patients with underlying health issues.
- Routine cleanings
- Mild decay
- Post-operative visits (we’ll be in touch to complete these remotely)
We will be in touch with all patients with treatment scheduled before April 25 that falls into the essential category to arrange for a day/time in the next couple of weeks to come in. ALL OTHER APPOINTMENTS WILL BE CANCELLED. We will be in touch with you after we reopen to get you back on the schedule. If you believe your treatment is essential, or your condition has worsened since your original appointment was scheduled, please contact us right away so we can take care of you. If you prefer to wait until after April 25, please let us know so that Dr. Ulm can help you determine if that is a safe option.
For those coming in for essential treatment, rest assured that all of our regular infection control practices will be followed, as well as our increased measures in common areas. We will ask patients to wait in their car until we have an operatory ready, and no one will be permitted to wait in the common area. Only essential staff will be in the office. All patients will be screened for fever, cough, and respiratory symptoms.
These are unprecedented times, but we remain committed to the health of our patients and our team. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions/concerns. During the closure, email is checked multiple times/day and remains the best way to contact us.
Wishing good health and safety to you and yours!
With gratitude for all of you who continue to choose safe dentistry,
Dr. Ulm, Dana, and the Synergy Dental Team
MARCH 17, 2020
In accordance with ADA recommendations and in an effort to prevent transmission of COVID-19, our office will be closed Mar 18 – Mar 30. We will evaluate whether to remain closed after Mar 30, and are taking emergency calls. Please call the office at (801)796-6882 for emergency contact instructions. Thank you, and be well as we weather this together.
March 15, 2020
To our Valued Patients and Friends,
In light of the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, we are watching the CDC’s and local authorities’ recommendations closely. At this time our office will remain open to serve our patients, with the following increased precautions. Please read the following if you have a scheduled appointment and feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns:
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
- Our team is thoroughly trained in infection control. Each operatory is routinely disinfected between patients as a standard practice, and we will be implementing additional measures as described below.
- As you may know, ozone is an incredibly effective sterilizing agent and is used in nearly all aspects of our practice. In addition to our standard infection control measures, we are implementing surface treatments with ozone throughout the day to sterilize common surfaces (door knobs, pens, countertops, chair arms, etc.).
- ALL OZONE TREATMENTS WITH CLEANINGS WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE THIS WEEK. The sterilizing effect of ozone is more important now than ever and we do not want financial concerns to prevent any of our patients from having its benefit.
- We have removed all soft toys from our kids’ area and will thoroughly disinfect the entire area hourly. We have soccer balls and frisbees available for outside play on our large grassy area if you prefer to not have your kids in the kids’ area (they’ll need an adult/teen to supervise if playing outside).
- Blankets have been removed from operatories and steam cleaned. We will be storing them away from common areas, but will make them available on an individual, single-use basis. They will be removed from the operatories and steam cleaned after each use.
- Pillows and blankets have been removed from the reception area and the soft surfaces (couch, chairs) will be sprayed with Lysol after each visitor.
- We provide paid time off to our team and no team member will have reason to come to work if they are not feeling well. They have all been instructed to stay home if exhibiting any symptoms (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath).
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- We ask that all visitors use the provided hand sanitizer immediately upon entering our office.
- Please disinfect your hands with provided hand sanitizer before using pens (feel free to bring your own if you’re more comfortable with that).
- If you are not feeling well or if you are exhibiting any symptoms (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath), we will be glad to help you reschedule your appointment.
- We will be limiting social distance, including hand shaking, as a means of decreasing possible transmission of COVID-19.
- If possible, please leave family members who do not have appointments at home.
Thank you for your consideration and participation in these policies. We are committed to your safety and care as we weather this together!
Dr. Ulm, Dana, and the Synergy Dental Team